Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Birthday time..

It's a day when all our friends and family members, remember and send their wishes. The day when you get lots of surprises. The day when you get lots of sweets. The day which is celebrated in the remembrance of the day on which you cried for the very first time. Yes it's the day, when you had born. BIRTHDAY. From last 6 years continuously, my birthday is being celebrated in such a way, that these 6 birthday celebrations are memorable and I still keep cherishing those fantastic moments. Every year it was a different type of celebration with different types of surprises.

This year was also a bit different and memorable one. The gifts started pouring the very previous day of my birthday itself. With lots of work pressure, I was working in my office, when our receptionist came and informed me, that there is a gift parcel for you. I asked her to reconfirm whether it is for me or to someone else, because I had not given my office address to anyone and was not expecting any mails or parcels other than some official, or bank related stuffs. She said, "It is to Mr. Rakesh Patil, from Environ Softwares Pvt. Ltd."

I was like taken back for a moment, thinking what parcel it might be and who might have sent it? I told her to keep it, i'll collect it later. She said OK. Then I tried to concentrate on my work. But the parcel was distracting me. So, i left my work and went to the reception desk, got the parcel to my desk. It was a real big surprise for me when I saw the sender's address. It had come from Goa. It was no one other then my sweet sister and my Jiju. I immediately teared apart the gift cover, and found a nice piece of shirt in my hand. Well, here I want to make one point. For most of my birthdays I'm getting a same color of various shades of same color shirt. I am still trying to solve this mystery.. ;-) It was a birthday gift for me. At that time I came to know that the next day is 29th January, my birthday. I was very happy. I thought of calling them immediately and thank them both. But, I stopped myself thinking that, anyhow tomorrow they'll be calling me, so why should I call? ;) Then I continued with my work.

One of my friend called Keerthi Laxmi, told me that she wanted to discuss something after dinner, so dont sleep. I came to know that this girl wants to wish me on my birthday so telling me simply all these stuffs. So just to pull her legs, I said I'm very tired, whatever you want to tell, tell now itself. After so much of argument, she finally wished me my birthday(advance wishes). This girl, even after being the first one to wish me through SMS, kept on wishing the next day. I guess she might have wished more than 20 times. Anyways, I had actually scheduled my plan to sleep early that night. But somehow I was forced to be awake till 11.00. And later when I was just about to doze off... zz.zzzz.zzzzzzz, my mobile started shouting on top of its voice. At that point I realized, it is 0000 hrs of 29th January. It was a call from one of my close friend, Saikat. He wished me and disconnected immediately asking me to sleep. Just after that, Haresh from Goa called and we spoke for around 10 minutes. After that I got a call from Rajita and Kavitesh. All the time while speaking to my friends, one of my office colleague and new friend, named Shankar, was watching 3 idiots. He also wished me on my birthday.

29th Morning I woke up early and had bath. Asked Shankar also to get ready early. Then we went to temple and straight to office. That day my boss was supposed to leave to Goa. So he was busy preparing some official documents and all. I went and gave him sweets, then I gave sweets to everyone. Sir left office at 11.00 and then I was free to recieve calls. As soon as sir left, Lavanya handed over my hands a BIIIGGGG box, beautifully packed with gift paper. I asked her, "Whats inside?" She didn't reply anything and wished me. At the same time, Girish also wished. I was very eager to open it and see. As my boss wasn't there, I opened it then and there throwing bits of papers down on the floor.. :-) First I opened a gift paper. I was confused to see the box of Pressure Cooker. For a friction of second, I thought, that like previous year, this time also, this guys might give me some dummy gift.

Last year, I had been given a baby feeding bottle as a dummy gift, packed in a TATA Sky setup box.:-) It was a real fun. Then Slowly I opened the box and was very happy to see the Bag. I was very very very happy. I was so happy that, I don't know how many times I said "thank you" to them. Girish told me to Open and check the bag properly. I thought he might be telling to check if any fault is there in bag, and so I said, "It's OK". Then Lavanya said, "Some more things are there inside the bag. So Open and see."

I opened first zip of the bag, and found it was my favourite Fruit 'N' Nut choclate. Then she told me, "It's my idea to keep something inside and give. So Gourish had put something or the other in each pocket of the Bag." Now this was a big surprise. He had arranged everything and gone to Goa. Total all together, 2 5-stars, 1 dairy milk, 1 Fruit-'N'Nut and 3 busicuits packets were there. And those busicuits were also of my likes. I just thought that Gourish had thoroughly studied my likes and dislikes. First, the bag color and design. It was fantastic. Next, my favourite choclate, next my favourite Busicuit. Superb planning. I gave two choclates and to Lavanya and asked her to give it to her son. Then distributed remaining eatables to all other office employees. Then, full day was on mobiles. Attending calls after calls. Then evening after office hours, went to a nearby hotel, and gave dinner party to my office members and neighbours. Overall, it was really a nice day. And the day went nice, all because of my family and friend's love and wishes. Thanks a lot and may god keeps them all happy forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment